At Serenity Dental, we aim to help our patients lead healthy lives. In our commitment to preventive care for life, our dentists and team perform oral cancer screenings in Houston, Texas.
When discovered early, oral cancer can be successfully treated. However, most individuals don’t learn that they have oral cancer until the cancer has progressed to a life-threatening stage that is difficult to treat. During your routine appointment with Dr. Jeffrey Chung and associates, one of our team members will check your mouth for signs of abnormalities that could be indicative of oral cancer.
Common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- Persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught in the throat
- Unexplained bleeding of the mouth
- A persistent sore on the face, neck or mouth that bleeds easily and doesn’t heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or mouth
- Red, white or speckled patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing
- Changes in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
Although these symptoms can be indicative of oral cancer, this list is incomplete and is not a diagnosis of any oral conditions. During your appointment, our team will speak to you about our findings and will happily discuss of your questions. If signs of abnormalities are found, we will refer you to a doctor for diagnosis.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 832-301-8433.